Sunday, November 3, 2013

Month #7 Building a house


I thought we would be in the house by now, but another month has gone by and we are not there yet. (Note to self, patience is a virtue).

A lot of the finishing touches are happening though and we REALLY hope this is the LAST month.

Here are the latest photos of what has been going on:

We have finally found a chandelier. I've spent hours looking at hundreds of chandeliers so this is a big deal. I wanted something unique, the right size, and not way over budget. And of course Brandon and I needed to agree on it. So this is it!


We also have this really awesome fan for our great room that is supposedly very efficient and is called "Aviation".


Our backsplash tile is up in the kitchen and bathrooms. We used glass tile, subway style.



We have our mud room designed. It still needs to be painted.



Cabinet doors are on with the hardware. It looks like it is right out of houzz.com or maybe even a parade home. These white cabinets have about 14 layers of paint/primer and look AMAZING! Thanks to Fesser cabinets for making all our cabinets look gorgeous.

Don't mind the mess on the floor. Some of the subcontractors do not know the meaning of a garbage can or cleaning up after themselves. I can't wait till they are all outa my house!!



Carpet has been laid and looks great.



Laundry room counter top is done. It is this nice "sea grass" motif which I thought would go with the very calming "Cowen Blue" paint but it is making the paint in the room look more green than blue. So I'm not sure I love it. I really loved the paint color as it looked before the counter top went on. Should we redo it?



We are still waiting for some important plumbing items to be installed. Can't move in without these!















2 comments:

  1. Marin and I love your pictures - you definitely cant move in without that plumbing! I agree with you on the laundry room colors, love both but together? I like the fixtures - very fun! I am so excited for you to be in your house (by Christmas for sure!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, what to do with that counter top? I'm not sure if it would be too hard to replace. Glad Marin likes it too!

      Delete